Marquee Wedding FAQ
Why have a Marquee Wedding?
Not only are they beautiful, but they are so flexible!
- YOU don’t have to cut down your guest list to fit into a venue. The marquee can be as big as you need it to be.
- YOU get to design it from scratch – exactly how you want it to look.
- YOU get to choose your menus and the style of catering you want: cocktail style, alternate drop, share platters, buffet, food trucks (or a bit of everything!)
- YOU get to choose and provide the drinks you want to serve.
- YOU get to start and finish at the times you want. If you don’t have close neighbours you may be able to party well into the night!
How much does a marquee cost?
There is a common misconception that a Marquee Wedding is cheaper than a wedding at a venue. This is DEFINITELY NOT the case. The advantage of a Marquee Wedding is it’s flexibility, not its price.
As a REALLY ROUGH guide, we say allow $60-$110 per person to cover your marquee, lighting, furniture and dancefloor for a seated reception. Less for a cocktail style reception.
These figures can vary depending on:
- What style of furniture and lighting you choose.
- Whether or not the marquee can be pegged into the ground.
- If you want a full floor throughout the marquee, or just a dancefloor.
- If your caterers need a kitchen tent to work from.
- If you need cutlery, crockery, glassware, table linen, napkins (many caterers will include these items in their packages).
Some external costs you may need consider are:
- Venue Hire (if not your own property)
- Toilet Hire
- Cool Room Hire
- Rubbish Removal
- Catering Equipment
- Event Coordinator (we ALWAYS recommend this for a Marquee Wedding – even if it’s just to help on the actual Wedding Day)
What sizes/styles of marquee do you have?
These incredible tents include clear and/or white walls and come in four sizes:
13.5m x 13.5m (Single Pole)
13.5m x 19m (Double Pole)
13.5m x 25m (Triple Pole)
13.5m x 32m (Quad Pole)
6m Wide Structure
6m Wide Structures have an aluminium frame with a choice of clear or white roof and walls. These marquees are available in lengths of up to 24m.
We usually recommend these marquees for small weddings of up to 60 people.
10m Wide Structure
10m Wide Structures have an aluminium frame with a choice of clear or white roof and walls. These marquees are available in lengths of up to 36m.
We usually recommend these marquees for weddings of up to 140 people.
12m Wide Structure
This BRAND NEW marquee has just arrived and we hope to have some photos VERY soon!
This unique marquee has a spectacular White Frame (instead of a standard aluminium frame). This marquee as choice of clear or white roof and walls.
This structure is available in a length of up to 30m.
We usually recommend this marquee for weddings over 140 people and/or if you want your marquee to have a more premium look.
What size marquee do I need?
For a seated reception, we’d allow approximately 1.5 – 2 square metres per person
For a cocktail reception, we’d allow approximately 0.8 – 1 square metre per person
This figure is a guideline only. You may need a larger marquee if you need space for:
- A separate bridal table
- A band
- A bar
- Buffet or grazing tables
- Inside lounge area
Do you set everything up?
Our quotes include setting-up the marquee, lighting, flooring and all internal furniture.
Linen and table setting is usually done by your caterer, however we can include this in our quote if they are unable to do it.
External furniture needs to be put-out and brought back inside on the day of the Wedding. If this can’t be done by your event coordinator, caterer or venue, we can include it in our quote.
Got another question? Please CONTACT US
If you’ve picked a date and a location and now ready for a quote, please complete our MARQUEE WEDDING ENQUIRY FORM. Please provide as much information as possible to help us best understand the type of Marquee Wedding you want.